How to play Jazz & Tango
How can you groove on a string instrument?
How can you learn to improvise?
What kind of special playing techniques and tricks are used in jazz, rock and tango?
How can string teachers incorporate jazz, rock and pop in their lessons?
If you want to hear my answers to these questions, you can book me for workshops, lectures or lessons. Here are my four workshop formats:
Upcoming Workshop Dates
January 13-15, 2017 at the Swedish ESTA
congress Malmö, Sweden I'll be teaching several courses on Jazz & Tango in String Pedagogy, focussing on performance practice.
April 1-2, 2017: via the VBSM (Verband Bayrischer Musik- und Singschulen) I will teach a course for string teachers on "Playing Techniques and Groove"
May 17-18, 2017: in Weinberg castle in Austria (Oberösterreich), I 'll be teaching "Playing Music with the Third Hemisphere of the Brain - Learning Improvisation" for string teachers
November 20-14, 2017: it's time for "Frei-Spiel: Jazz-Rock-Pop für KlassikerInnen" again at the
Bundesmusikakademie Trossingen. A course for music teachers - strings (Madame Paul), woodwinds (Tilman Dehnhard), piano (Julia Hülsmann) and recorder (Tobias Reisige)
Postgraduate University Course
- A new Postgraduate Teacher Training Course on Improvisation for String Players will begin in October 2016 at the Bruckner University of Linz, Austria. It is a postgraduate, part-time course
for classical string teachers who want to learn how to play and teach jazz. It'll be our third round - once again with my wonderful teaching colleague cats Christoph Cech, Andi Schreiber and Peter Herbert. From October 2016 - June 2018
- Groovestrich-Schule - (formerly "Bossastrich-Schule") 15 duets to learn the groovebowing technique, Ponticello-Edition 2015. (Version for 2 violins also available)
- Just Doodling, for cello solo, Ponticello-Edition 2013.
- With N. Kruse, J. Piezunka und M. Rutledge: Groovy Strings – Rhythmus & Groove im Streichunterricht - 26 easy to intermediate jazz pieces for string ensemble with teachers' handbook on basics and methods (in German), CD-Extra enclosed, Breitkopf und Härtel 2009
- Tango-Ševčík - How to Play Tango - 13 etudes for tango bowing techniques & 3 pieces. Versions for cello and for violin available.
- And a wide range of pieces and arrangements for cello solo, for duo, trio, and string quartet and also for string orchestra.
- All of these are available from me directly. Ask me about it!